Do you love delicious, healthy and organic produce? Would you like to show your children how sustainable, organic produce is grown? Join Nigel for a tour especially for children and parents who are curious about organic farming. Each group who attends will be sent home with a CSA box filled with deliciously ripe, organic produce to share at home.
Children and chaperons will walk the farm with Nigel and learn about:
- Soil and the organisms that grow in the soil
- How chickens have a very important role on the farm (They do more than lay tasty eggs!)
- How bugs, pests, parasites and bats contribute to farm life
- How the farm is a well balanced environment that provides great food for everyone without poisoning the environment.
While walking the farm, everyone will have the opportunity to taste fresh, organic produce. We hope we'll still have beautiful, red strawberries ripe for picking.
In addition to chickens, the children will visit our three Guernsey milk cows, our horse Stella, and over 150 ducks and geese.
We hope you'll join us for this unique opportunity to explore the farm and learn about sustainable, organic farming. Help us plant the seeds of change in our children's hearts and minds so that they can grow up with a love of local farms and food.
What The Kids Are Saying About The Farm
Day of the tour:
- 9:30AM: Registration (Use restroom, fill water bottles, apply sunscreen)
- 10AM: Farm Tour
- After the Tour: Picnic lunch in the garden
What To Bring:
- A picnic lunch
- Picnic blanket and chairs
- Water bottle
- Sun hat
- Walking/athletic shoes
- Change of clothes (just in case)
- Children must be supervised at all times, and may not wander the farm alone.
- Absolutely no dogs or other pets on the farm. Please contact Emily at email@example.com if you need accommodations for a service dog.
- No smoking is permitted on the farm.
- Do not feed the animals.
We request that each group have at least one adult for every 4 children attending.
Most of the farm is stroller and motorized wheelchair accessible, although it can be somewhat of a rugged and dusty terrain in some spots.
Directions to the farm:
Eatwell Farm is located at 5835 Sievers Road in Dixon, CA.
Exit I-80 at Pitt School Road and head North on Pitt School. Turn left on Sievers Rd. Eatwell Farm is about a mile down the road on the right. You'll see 6 rows of very tall trees. This is the farm. There isn't a sign out by the road, but we do have a black mailbox that says Eatwell Farm. Pull into the drive-way and park.
Tickets are non-refundable within 3 days of the event.