Come celebrate the start of summer and Father's Day at Eatwell Farm!
At Eatwell Farm we love to start the summer off right with a weekend of garlic braiding, strawberry picking, shared meals, campfire fun, and camping. It's an easy-going weekend of food, friends & family, and farm fun. On Saturday night we'll share a potluck dinner featuring a main dish cooked by Lorraine and lots of side dishes and desserts that other attendees have brought. After dinner we'll gather around the campfire for s'mores. On Sunday morning, Nigel and Lorraine will provide breakfast burritos featuring Eatwell Farm pasture-raised eggs and produce as well as freshly brewed coffee and tea. Nigel will give a guided farm tour after breakfast and then those who don't need to hurry home are free to wander the farm and enjoy another leisurely day of sunshine.
Summer Solstice Weekend Schedule
1pm - 4pm: Campsite set-up, strawberry fields open, and Eatwell Farm products available for purchase
4pm: We'll go out into the field with the pick-up truck and fill the truck bed with hand-picked garlic.
5pm - Nigel gives garlic braiding lessons in the garden
6:30pm - Eatwell Farm family potluck dinner starts. Lorraine & Nigel will provide a main dish (one vegetarian & one meaty) for the Saturday evening potluck for everyone. Please bring lots of tasty side dishes, salads, and desserts to share with others.
Dusk - Campfire and s'mores fun!
8:30am - 9:30am: Coffee & breakfast in the farm house
10am: Guided farm tour with Nigel
10am - 12pm - Wander the farm and enjoy strawberries in the field.
What To Pack:
- Tent and bedding
- Picnic blanket
- Camp chairs
- Changes of clothes
- Jacket for the evening and morning
- Closed toed shoes
- Work Clothes
- Sun hat
- Musical instruments for campfire fun
- Refillable water bottles
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- The whole weekend is BYOB (Bring Your Own Beverages)! Pack a cooler of cold drinks, beer & wine for you & your party to enjoy.
- Bring your own dishes, flatware, glasses, and service dishes. We will set up an area for cleaning up your own stuff after the potluck. You'll use these dishes again on Sunday morning for breakfast.
- Children must be supervised at all times, and may not wander the farm alone.
- Absolutely no dogs or other pets on the farm. Please contact Connie at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need accommodations for a service dog.
- No smoking is permitted on the farm.
- Do not feed the animals.
Please invite your entire family and friends to join us, ANYONE who would enjoy a night under the stars on the farm!
We reserve the right to reschedule/cancel events at any time. In the past, events have been rescheduled/cancelled due to extreme weather.