Our trees are pruned, the prunning's are laid ready to be mowed and returned to the soil. As soon as it dries Roberto will be out with his flail mower to shred the excess tree limbs.

These peaches grew vigorously last year so we needed to remove more to keep the trees in good shape. Our task now is to make sure we set a heavy crop to divert this energy into lots of great fruit and less into branches. We want enough branches to replace old ones and give us lots of fruit bud for next year. It is always a balance.

The extra challenge with these trees is that we have peach leaf curl which we have to take care of with organic sprays as the buds emerge. This involves some fairly critical spray applications of lime sulfur and copper. I hope to do a better job than I did last year.