Eatwell Farm is looking to expand through new employees, new partners and projects to create more delicious, organic and sustainably raised food for members of our community, to make better and more efficient use of our land and to cultivate an even stronger community around local agriculture by growing business opportunities for young and new farmers.
In that interest we are looking for the following:
CSA Manager Internship
We are currently looking for an intern to fulfill the role as a CSA Manager in order to operate the logistics of the CSA, carry out Customer and Farm Member Services, as well as assist with the business aspect of the farm.
· Payroll: Conduct Worker’s Compensation reports and payroll for all farm employees
· Data Management: Maintain customer data, orders, farm box subscriptions, and product stock.
· Marketing: Develop promotional materials, format weekly newsletter, update website, maintain Facebook account and Farm Blog, and attend off farm events.
· Office Duties: Answer phone calls and emails 5 days a week, maintain electronic and physical files, and purchase office and field supplies
· Customer Service: Deal with membership issues and questions regarding sign ups, concerns, and problems. Communicate the farm’s business and ideals to members, customers, and the general public.
· Shipping: Fill online orders and ship packages.
· Host on Farm Events and tours.
· Strong interest in the business aspect of farming.
· Passionate about food, farming and a familiarity with CSA’s and organic food.
· Computer skills: Knowledge or ability to learn various programs including QuickBooks, Excel, Pages, and the Farm’s custom software.
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Organized, efficient, and detail oriented.
· Bilingual Spanish/English speaking preferred.
Typically Monday through Friday, between 30 - 40 hours per week, year-round. Some weekends especially during event season and when needed to fill in at Saturday Farmer’s Market. Hourly wage. 18-24 month commitment. The CSA Manager works out of the farm office in Dixon, CA.
If you are interested, please send your resume, letter of interest, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with CSA Manager in the Subject Heading.